1、 Do you know the boy _______ under the big tree?
A. lay B. lain C. laying D. lying
2. －What do you think of the book?
－Oh, excellent. It’s worth ______ a second time.
A. to read B. to be read C. reading D. being reading
3. Go on _______ the other exercise after you have finished this one.
A. to do B. doing C. with D. to be doing
4. There was a terrible noise ______ the sudden burst of light.
A. followed B. following
C. to be followed D. being followed
5. If it is fine tomorrow, we ______ a football match.
A. have B. will have C. has D. shall has
6. When he was at school, he ______ early and take a walk before breakfast.
A. will rise B. shall rise C. should rise D. would rise
7. In the past 30 years China ______ great advances in the socialist revolution and socialist construction.
A. has made B. have made C. had made D. having made
8. I ______ go to bed until I ______ finished my work.
A. don’t/had B. didn’t/have C. didn’t/had D. don’t/have
9. Mary is very late, she ______.
A. may miss her train B. may have missed her train
C. must miss her train D. could miss her train
10. Most of the artists _______ to the party were from South Africa.
A. invited B. to invite
C. being invited D. had been invited
11.“What did you do in the garden?”
“I watched my father ______ his motorbike.”
A. to repair B. repaired C. repairing D. repairs
12. I don’t allow ______ in my office and I don’t allow my family ______ at all.
A. to smoke…smoking B. smoking…to smoke
C. to smoke…to smoke D. smoking…smoking
13. _____ more attention, the trees could have grown better.
A. Given B. To give C. Giving D. Having given
14. European football is played in 80 countries, _____ it the most popular sport in the world.
A. making B. make C. made D. to make
15. The Olympic Games, ____ in 776 B. C., did not include women players until 1912.
A. first playing B. to be first played
C. first played D. to be first playing
16. He was a good runner so he ______ escap
e from the police.
A. might B. succeeded to C. would D. was able to
17. I hoped ______ my letter.
A. her to answer B. that she would answer
C. that she answers D. her answering
18. The dictionary _____ me fifty dollars.
A. spent B. paid C. cost D. costed
19. －I’m sorry for _______ in time.
—That’s all right.
A. getting it not done B. not getting it done
C. getting not it done D. getting not to do it
20. The boy wanted to ride his bicycle in the street, but his mother told him _______.
A. not to B. not to do C. not do it D. do not to
1. D lying是lie的现在分词，在句中作后置定语。
2. C “It is worth doing”是固定结构，意思是“干… …是值得的”。
3. A A项表示做与原来不同的事，B和C均表示做与原来相同的事。
4. B 句中的have是使役动词，故”have sth. done”是常用结构，意思是“让别人去干某事”，或“某人让别人去干”。
10. A 分词短语作定语时，应被修饰的名词后，于定语从句：Most of the artists who were invited to the party were from South Africa.
13. A 分词短语作状语时，其逻辑主语与句子的主语。该分词的逻辑主语是the trees，与动词give含有动宾关系，用分词given表示被动，Give more attention条件状语于状语从句If they had been given more attention。
14. A making是现在分词用作状语，表示伴随情况或做补充说明。B和C属语法错误。D项是不定式，可作目的状语，但目的状语前通常用逗号。
15. C 本题考查分词作定语的用法。The Olympic Games与play之间是被动关系，应排除A和D。而B项是不定式的被动，表示将来的动作，故也应排除。此句可理解为：The Olympic Games, which was first played in 776 B. C., did not include women players until 1912.
20. A 需要重复不定式的内容时，to后面的动词及其宾语省略掉。又如：Mary wanted to use my bike, but I asked her not to.